Translate

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rand Paul and LASIK.

Paul specializes in cataract and glaucoma surgeries, LASIK procedures, and corneal transplants.



From Wikipdia on Rand Paul. Seems like a Dr. Megela to me. No suprise me as the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say. That oath you say "Do no harm" no longer matters as you could make 4,000-5,000 for a half hour procedure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Paul

Interesting. He does both LASIK and corneal transplants. Sometimes patients who have LASIK need a Cornea Transplant as LASIK weakens the Cornea by the flap they create. If he does corneal transplants he must know the link between this yet he does the procedure anyway and downplays the complications which are many.

It is very personal to me as I was thinking of getting LASIK as I am -5 Myope (in my better eye) which without my glasses my vision is pretty limited and I was thinking of getting LASIK until I find out by going home out day that the FDA wanting stronger warnings on the procedure which forced me to take a longer look on the internet and I was shocked by what I found and would never get this procedure and am disgusted with doctors that at this point have to know there are serious compliations with this procedure yet do it anyway. Dry Eye, Night driving problems, halo's, ectasia (bulging of the cornea) loss of contrast sensitivity. All this NOT CORRECTED by eyeglasses as these are not refractive errors and my God this is not worth an elective procedure. Some even claim safer then contacts which is absolute malarky. For one thing if you start have issues you got wear glasses for a while. With LASIK you can't undo the surgery.

Just shows you the level of immorality among the Pauls. Here is a full link of LASIK.

http://lasikcomplications.com/

No comments: