Translate

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Radio was stolen in my car. Unemployment claim not sure if I will get.

It has been a rough week for me. Yesterday someone took the radio out of my car. Looks like I left a door open which is how he or she got in. On top of this not sure if I will get any more unemployment. I have worked for 8/15 months since I was laid off from a job I was at for 4 and a half years. Because I have breaks in my unemployment and it is over a year I am not sure I am going to qualify for anything. Worked both in NY and NJ and + a NJ I was at for 5 month was independent contract and I signed a contract but I can't find it and he paid me using my own stubs so it is cash. Didn't issue me a 1099 although reported it because I was worried would get audited but have no proof that I worked for him. Have money saved up for not that long a period of time.

And my relationships with my parents is somewhat strained which I can't get into right now. Maybe at another time I will.

1 comment:

SouthernBelle Rivky said...

Oh I was hoping for good news since you changed your header, thought something good was up. I can't believe people stealing radio!!!! That so crazy!

I don't like 1099 employment. My experience is that generally IC status is treated way worse than employee. Unless one can get a lot of deductions but then that looks suspicious I think.

Hang in there Mr. Adam!!!! I wish you only lots of great stuff your way :D